- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 cups Bella Sol Tortilla Chips (Use your favorite flavor)
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced (leave the seeds in for extra
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces (about 2 cups) grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterrey Jack cheese, divided
- Garnishes for serving: extra corn tortillas, diced avocado,
salsa, lime wedges, refried or black beans
- Heat sauté pan to medium-high heat with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Add the onion, bell pepper, and jalapeno and sauté, stirring
occasionally, for about 5 minute or until the onion is translucent.
- Add the garlic and tomatoes, and cook for an additional 2
- While the above vegetable mixture is cooking, whisk together
the eggs, milk and salt in a large bowl until combined. Stir in 1/2 cup of
cheese and chopped cilantro.
- When the vegetables are ready, reduce heat to medium-low.
- Add the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Let the mixture cook for about 1 minute without stirring.
- Add in the tortilla chips, and very gently stir to combine,
being sure to loosen the cooked eggs on the bottom of the pan.
- Sprinkle with the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese, and let the
mixture cook for an additional 1 minute, stirring if needed, until the eggs are
from heat and serve immediately with desired garnishes