- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 jalapeño pepper, diced
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup shredded sharp provolone
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Bella Sol Tortilla chips (any flavor)
- Leftover pulled pork
- Crisped bacon bits
- Pickled red onions
- Jalapeños, sliced or diced
- Avocado, diced
- Cilantro, chopped
- Fried or poached eggs
- Lime wedges
- Melt the butter in a small pot and then add the jalapeño.
- Cook for a minute and then add the flour, stirring until
mixed in well.
- Cook for another minute and then slowly whisk in the milk.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture thickens and coats
the back of a spoon.
- Add in the cheeses and stir until melted. Season, to taste,
with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with
- Spread the tortilla chips out in an even layer on the parchment
and then layer the pulled pork, bacon bits, jalapeños, and pickled red onions
- Drizzle the assembled nachos with roughly half of the cheese
sauce and then put in the oven for about 10 minutes, just to warm everything
- While the nachos are baking, fry your eggs to desired
doneness and prep your fresh toppings (avocado, cilantro, and limes).
- Take the nachos out of the oven and drizzle with additional
warm cheese sauce.
- Top with the eggs, avocado, and chopped cilantro.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges and additional cheese
sauce on the side.