- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken
- Sea Salt season to taste
- Pepper season to taste
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 cup Bella Sol Gourmet Salsa
- 1/4 cup water
- Put chicken into the crock of a slow cooker. Sprinkle salt
and pepper over the chicken. Layer onion, celery, and carrot over the chicken,
respectively; top with salsa. Pour water over the entire mixture.
- Cook on Low until the chicken is easily shredded, 6 to 8
hours. An instant-read thermometer should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Shred the chicken with 2 forks and stir with the salsa
- Serve over rice or as a taco or tostada filler.